Updated January 31, 2020
Jay Miller Real Estate Brokerage Ltd.
Jay Miller Real Estate Brokerage Ltd. is committed to respecting your privacy. This document has been prepared to inform you as to how we plan to collect, use and disclose the personal information you entrust to us. It includes personal information that has been received from a third party in the course of our real estate activities for which you have given your consent. For example; our extended property search is an MCS website, our chat service is provided by ReadyChat and our global property search is provided by Leading Real Estate Companies of The World.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions.
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Jay Miller Real Estate Ltd., 17665 Leslie Street #30, Ontario, Canada.
Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
Account means a unique account created for You to access our service or parts of our service.
Website refers to JayMiller.ca, accessible from JayMiller.ca
Service refers to the Website and all related services associated with the Website.
Country refers to: Canada
Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information, recorded in any form, about an individual whose identity may be inferred or determined from such information. By providing us with your personal information, you agree that we may collect, use and disclose the information in accordance with this policy. If you do not agree with these terms, you are requested not to provide any personal information to Jay Miller Real Estate Brokerage Ltd.. Since some services can only be offered if you provide personal information, if you choose not to provide us the required information, we may not be able to offer you those services.
Why do we collect, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect, use and disclose personal information for one reason: to provide professional and competent real estate and associated service to clients and customers. Specifically we collect, use and disclose your personal information in order to help you buy and sell real estate. This can include marketing your home to sell, sending you properties to potentially purchase, sending you reports, statistics and information to help you make an informed decision regarding the purchase or sale of real estate, along with other services associated with buying and/or selling real estate.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, Province, Postal code, City
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser.
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
- Tracking and Performance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Third-Parties
Purpose: These Cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Website and how users use the Website. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the Website. We may also use these Cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Website to see how our users react to them.
For more information about the cookies we use and your choices regarding cookies, please visit our Cookies Policy.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to show advertisements to You to help support and maintain Our Service, to contact You, to advertise on third party websites to You after You visited our Service or for payment processing.
- For Business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With Business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see You name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is very important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
Service Providers have access to Your Personal Data only to perform their tasks on Our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Facebook & Instagram
We may use third-party Service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We may use Your Personal Data to contact You with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to You. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from Us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email We send or by contacting Us.
We may use Email Marketing Service Providers to manage and send emails to You. We have used the following email marketing service providers: Constant Contact, iContact.
Website Use By A Minor
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
How do you access your personal information?
You have a right to access your personal information that we have in our possession to ensure that it is as accurate and up-to-date as necessary for the identified purposes for which we use it. If any information needs to be amended to reflect a change in your situation, we make every effort to update our records.
If you want to review your personal information, please make your request email@example.com, telling us specifically as possible which personal information you are requesting. If you believe that your personal information is not correct, you may request the appropriate change, or you may request us to delete the incorrect information.
You also have a right to know which third parties have received information from us. We will provide a list of organizations to which we may or have disclosed the information.
We will endeavour to provide requested information within a reasonable time and no later than 30 days following the request. Before granting access or making corrections, we will require sufficient information from you to allow us to confirm your identity.
This website is provided on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind. You expressly agree that the use of this site is at your own sole risk. In no event shall Jay Miller Real Estate Brokerage Ltd. be liable for any direct or indirect damage or loss in any way connected with the use of this website.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Jay Miller or Jay Miller Real Estate Brokerage Ltd. be liable for any direct or indirect damage or loss in any way connected with the use of this website.
Jay Miller Real Estate Brokerage Ltd.. reserves the right to refuse your request for access to personal information if:
• The information is protected by solicitor-client litigation privilege
• Granting access would disclose confidential business information
• Doing so would reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual
• The information was collected for purposes related to the detection and prevention of fraud
• The information was generated in the course of a formal dispute resolution process
• The information would likely reveal personal information about another individual or deceased individual
• The information is not readily retrievable and the burden or cost of providing it would be disproportionate to the nature of the value of the information; or
• It does not exist, is not held or cannot be found by Jay Miller Real Estate Brokerage Ltd.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.jaymiller.ca/contact-us/
- By phone number: 905.717.3525
- By mail: Jay Miller Real Estate Ltd. 17665 Leslie St. Unit #30 Newmarket ON L3Y 3E3